OGX Shea Soft and Smooth Hair Butter

Deep treatment, leave-in, skin moisturizer: A product that claims to do all three? Hmmm. Hello lovelies 👋! Today I'm coming to you with the Shea Soft & Smooth Creamy Hair Butter by OGX. This hair butter has humongous claims coming from a tiny package. Weighing in at just 6.6oz this hair butter claims it could be used as a deep treatment, a leave-in conditioner and a moisturizer for your body! At first, I thought this product was just a regular cream moisturizer for your hair, but after peeling the top of the packaging back and discovering all these claims written on the label, I had no choice but to put these claims to the test and come through with the come through with a review for y'all.



1. Deep Treatment: "After shampooing, apply a small amount to palm and evenly distribute into damp hair from roots to ends. For optimum results, allow the steam from the shower to penetrate each strand. Leave in for three minutes then rinse."
  • This product didn't really do it for me as a deep treatment of any sort. I have type 4 low porosity hair and I need an unearthly amount of slip to moisturize/detangle my hair on wash day. This product didn't have a lot of slip to begin with and when I rinsed it out my hair felt a bit drier than I'm used to, so I will not be using this as a deep treatment again.
2. Leave-In: "Apply a small amount to damp hair. Then, comb or use fingers to detangle. Style as usual."
  • After soaking up most of the water from my hair with my microfiber turban I scooped a liberal amount of product out with my finger and applied it to a section of hair I parted out to cornrow. This did an okay job when it came to helping me detangle and installing moisture into my thick, kinky strands. Personally, I prefer to use this product as a moisturizer on dry hair for my hair type. I have used it on my friend's type 3 hair as a leave in on her damp hair and it worked much better at moisturizing her hair than it did mine. I also used it on her dry hair and it left her hair shiny and soft.
3. Body Moisturizer: "Massage generously all over body in the morning and at night."
  • I mostly used this product as a hand lotion because the consistency was a bit too thin for m entire body. I tend to use thick creams and lotions as my moisturizers because they keep my skin soft and moisturized all day long. that being said, this butter passed as a pretty good hand lotion. There is no greasy or sticky feel at all on your hands and it left my hands feeling soft with a light glow for hours. This butter also smells like an amazing sweet treat, I'd say cookies or cake.

The Bottom Line: For me and my standards when it comes to products for my hair and skin, I give the OGX Shea Soft & Smooth Creamy Hair Butter a 3.5 out of 5 stars. It smells fabulous, it's an okay hair treatment, and it doubles as a nice lotion. Everyone's hair and body reacts differently to products, so I'm not opposed to anyone giving this product a try. It has a budget friendly price point and you get a good amount of product for the price. 

Price: $5.49-$8.29

Ingredients:
Water (Agua), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcrystallina), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Agave Tequilana Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Polyquanternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Stearic Acid, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Diazolindinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (Parfum).

Where to Find:
Local Beauty Supply Store
Walmart
Walgreens

If you stuck with me to the end of this lengthy review and weren't bored, you da realest! (lol) Seriously though, thank you for visiting my blog and reading my reviews. I can't thank you guys/gals enough; I appreciate each and every one of you.

Thank you sooooo much for visiting Keah's Corner. Until Next time!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.